So many people today suffer from STRESS. My personal opinion is that a lot of this stems from the unbalance that our foods create in our system. I also believe that there is a lot more pressure to perform, to keep the pace with the Jones’s and everyone believes they SHOULD be keeping up with the incredible pace that our culture has set.
I feel that we are the ones that should set our OWN pace. A pace that fits ourselves and the needs of our families, not our culture. I feel that if we do not slow things down we will all die at young ages due to the high stress levels that this creates. I think that living with less provides a life with SO much more.
Are you currently stressed over something?? Of course, it is hard to find one person that is not stressed by something, whether it is finances, job, relationships, being popular in school, doing well in school, etc.
Eating a balanced diet and getting enough sleep is the first step in this process.
DISCLAIMER: Before we get started, I need to provide you with a legal disclaimer that essential oils do not treat, cure, or heal medical diagnosis. Please do not discontinue prescriptions or a medical professionals advice who is treating you, without consulting with them first. We are not medical professionals, nutritionists, food scientists or experts in anything other than living the “Simple Life” the way we chose to live it. Our posts are intended as our opinion and our way of doing things. All opinions and advice offered on this site are merely that of a mother, woman and wife sharing my knowledge drawn from our own experiences and research. For more information on our Trayer Wilderness, Inc. Disclaimer. Remember to always do your own research when it comes to the safety, health and well-being of your family.
CAUTIONS: Essential oils are very concentrated and with essential oils, less is always more. Not all oils can be used the same so PLEASE read your bottles carefully and heed the warnings. Some oils are very toxic if ingested. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas unless otherwise noted.
For more information on our Trayer Wilderness, Inc. Disclaimer.
The 2nd step is being sure you are taking a good quality supplement daily. Now this for me was very hard. My entire life I felt absolutely awful taking vitamins and had pretty much thrown in the towel. I tried cheap vitamins, middle of the road and even the super pricey vitamins. Everything I previously took made me feel very lousy, upset stomach and even tired. I have found amazing supplements, but due to the FDA’s new guidelines I am unable to mention them by brand. If you are interested in hearing more on the supplements and essential oils that I use feel free to join my newsletter so that I can share that with you on a personal level.
I have been taking them for well over a year now with great success and a total 360° change in how I felt daily. I must say that I am thoroughly impressed and thankful to have found a supplement that provides me with all I need and improves my health daily. It is a great form of preventative medicine.
The 3rd step is to learn to say NO… Try it, NO… It doesn’t have to be a bold NO, it can be a – I am sorry, but I can’t fully commit to that, let me check my schedule and I will get back to you… Learning to say NO is a very powerful lesson and also a very liberating one. There are only so many hours in a day and it is OK to say NO… We are people pleasers and this leads to saying YES when we should really in all honesty, say NO. Often I take such things to God for assurance that I am saying Yes or No for the right reasons.
The 4th step is to incorporate some exercise into your daily routine. Exercising gets your endorphin’s moving, allows your body to naturally detox and is an incredible way to release stress. I LOVE to exercise so this is not a problem for me. Even just getting out for a short walk provides you with two things – being in the outdoors which is a natural form of aromatherapy (at least in our environment) and keeps you active, destressed and healthier.
The next step is incorporating some natural health into your life which add calmness to your day, elevate your mood, balance your mind and better your life.
Here are the 5 oils I go to when I am feeling anxious and overwhelmed
- Lavender – Lavender is well known for it’s calming affects on the body and mind. It has a pleasant aroma that I enjoy diffusing. I also add a drop to my temples and the back of my neck.
- Calming Blend – The “calming” blend of Lavender, Roman Chamomile, Sandalwood, Sweet Marjoram, Vanilla, and Ylang Ylang. All of these oils are known for their abilities to ease tension and their calming effects on the body.
- Frankincense – Is a very warm and comforting oil which has been used medicinally and in religious ceremonies for thousands of years. It is known for it’s relaxing effects on the body, uplifting mood and heightens your awareness. Frankincense has been coined the universal essential oil – when in doubt us frank.
- Grounding Blend – The “grounding” blend of Spruce, Ho Wood, Frankincense, Blue Tansy, and Blue Chamomile. Balance my personal favorite oil! It is a calming oil yet the body knows when to use it as a pick me up as well. The way God designed our bodies and the oils to work together just awes me. This is a great blend to use before bed for a very restful nights sleep and also great to use upon rising for the boost you need to start your day.
- Joyful Blend – The “joyful” blend comprised of Elemi, Lavandin, Lemon Myrtle, Melissa, Osmanthus, Sandalwood, Ylang Ylang, and Tangerine. This blend addresses issues with attention, depression, anxiety, fatigue, hopelessness, and stress.
I also enjoy Chamomile and Lavender tea which is a wonderful blend and not only pleasing to the senses, but also to the taste buds.
Again for more details on the essential oils that I use, feel free to join my newsletter.
Stay tuned for Anxiety and Depression coming up next in our #52WeeksOfWellness
Tammy Trayer † ♥
#52WeeksOfWellness #EssentialOilHealth #TrayeWildernessNaturalHealth