Typically, I had been giving it to our chickens as an added nutritional boost, but when I found that I could used it in a bread I was totally stoked… I love being able to utilize everything and try to avoid wasting anything. Not to mention this bread is now the best bread I have made… Yummmmm…. ♥
Below I will provide my altered bread recipe, making it gluten free and dairy free. I forgot to mention that the mozzarella cheese was being made from goats milk so my son can have the the goats milk on his gluten free and casein free diet. WOOHOOO… That is big money saving for me.. A little more work milking goats every morning and every night, but well worth it and the goats are very personable and a lot of fun. Here is the original bread recipe that I found: http://www.teacheatlove.com/2012/06/the-best-bread.html
- 1/2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 3 c whey from goats milk (or milk or water) – if using wheat flour use only 1 1/2 cups of whey
- 3 3/4 c Better Batter gluten free flour
- Pour the warm whey in a bowl and add yeast, sugar, and salt. Stir and let the mixture proof for 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir gently with a wooden spoon. When you can’t stir anymore, use your hands and work the remaining amount of flour into the dough. Add more or less as needed. The consistency should be doughy and smooth, not overly sticky.